}

Sunday, April 26, 2015




Baked Oatmeal with Strawberries and Bananas

I made this last night for my family to have for breakfast this morning and OMG it was so YUMMY!! This recipe is 21 day fix approved and has ZERO added sugar. I chose to use bananas, strawberries, and walnuts but you can get creative and use peaches, blueberries, raspberries or whatever you want! MAKE IT YOU OWN!! I came up with this recipe because I wanted to come up with a flavorful oatmeal that didn't have any added sugar but was easy to make ahead of time for meal prep. If you're making this for meal prep,  and want more that 4 servings, just double it and use a 9 x 13 inch pan. This recipe is extremely clean and tasty! If you aren't following the 21 day fix eating plan and you would like to sweeten it  up you can add some raw sugar, honey or stevia. This recipe is packed, packed, packed, full of vitamins and minerals to start off your day. Check out my list below!

Health Benefits

  • Omega-3 fats
  • copper
  • manganese
  • molybdenum
  • biotin
  • potassium
  • calcium
  • magnesium
  • Iron
  • Thiamin
  • riboflavin
  • Niacin
  • Fiber
  • Folic acid
  • Vitamin B-6
  • Zinc
  • Selenium
  • Vitamin C
Ingredients

  • 4 yellow* containers of whole rolled organic oats
  • 1 cup of almond milk, coconut milk or a blend
  • 1 banana well ripened
  • 2 purple* containers of chopped strawberries (rinsed well)
  • 1 egg 
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 4 orange* containers of nuts ( I used walnuts because they are one of the healthiest nuts! ) 
  • 4 teaspoons* of coconut oil
Serves: 4
Prep time : 10 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
21 Day Fix: 1 yellow, 1 purple, 1 teaspoon, 1 orange

*NOTE: If you aren't using the 21 day fix containers here are the equivalents: 1 yellow = 1/2 cup, 1 purple = 1 1/4 cup1 teaspoon = 1 teaspoon, 1 orange = 1 tablespoons


Preparation

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 


Place 2 of the yellow containers of oats in the food processor and process it until it becomes powdery like flour. I Used a little chopper I had to chop the oats but I blended everything together in my Ninja ( best thing I ever purchased).  Here you are basically just making an oat flour. 





Next Place the Oat flour along with the remaining oats in a mixing bowl or blender if you have one. Add the baking powder and mix. Next add in 3/4 of your banana, baking powder, egg, coconut oil, vanilla, milk and blend until mixed.


 Once combined, fold in 1 purple container of strawberries. Spray your 8x8 inch pan with coconut oil spray and pour in mixture. Top with slices of banana, strawberries, and nuts. I left a serving without nuts for my dad.






Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove once the oatmeal pulls away from edge, is slightly brown on edges and set in the middle. Serve warm.  I like to eat mine with some almond milk on it! Eat, Enjoy, and feel the Energy!





















No comments:

Post a Comment