}

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal



Oh I wish everyone reading this could be in my apartment experiencing how absolutely amazing this smells. My two roommates and the ones boyfriend were drooling while looking at it! This recipe is 21 day fix approved and clean with no sugar added and lightly sweetened by bananas, apple sauce, and the carrots.  I came up with the idea of this when I was baking carrot cake cupcakes for easter. At the time I was doing 21 day fix extreme so I was not able to sample one; plus they weren't gluten free. This breakfast is super healthy and packed with tons of vitamins and minerals. This turned out so good I feel like I'm cheating when I am eating it!






INGREDIENTS

4 yellow containers of old fashioned oats ( if you don have a food processor use oat flour)
1/2-3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 green containers of finely shredded carrots
1 very ripe bananas*
2 purple containers of fresh pineapple
1 egg
4 teaspoons of unrefined coconut oil
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
4 orange containers of walnuts or pecans
1 blue container of shredded unsweetened coconut
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon coconut extract
coconut oil spray


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Serves: 4
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Bake time: 30-35 minutes
21 day fix:1 purple, 1 yellow,  1/2 green, 1 orange, 1/2 blue, 1 teaspoon


  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Place the oats in food process and process until fine like flour
  • add in baking powder, carrots, egg, bananas, milk, coconut oil, pineapple, cinnamon, and vanilla, coconut extract. Blend until combined. 
  • Spray a 9x9 baking pan with coconut oil
  • Pour batter in pan
  • top with chopped nuts and coconut 
  • Bake for 35-45 minutes until center is set and the edges are brown
  • Remove from oven and allow to cool. Serve warm. Enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment